Low Rider
I have a somewhat small bone to pick. I can only speak from the female perspective on this matter, sorry boys. I was out shopping for that perfect pair of blue jeans the other day, when I noticed that there is a major problem plaguing the women’s jeans industry…the dreaded “low-rise” jeans.
This epidemic has been going on for a few years now. Admittedly, I have recently lost a few pounds and thought a new pair of jeans would help to keep me motivated once I saw I was wearing a size smaller and looked better in that size. Yes…I am vain (at times). My problem isn’t necessarily with the cut, my problem is that the cut continues to get lower, and lower every season. You ladies know what I am saying. It’s getting to the point where you have to constantly be thinking about what may fall out if you don’t sit down in the correct manner. There has to be a happy medium somewhere in “jeans land.” Maybe I have missed my calling in life--I should be a denim designer! I could become famous for my style of jeans that’s a cross between “mom jeans” and “skank jeans”.
If you are lucky enough to find the perfect pair of jeans, you better stock up while you can! As soon as I find the perfect pair, they are discontinued immediately. Once, I was lucky enough to find my favorite jeans that had been discontinued at an outlet mall in Tunica, MS. Forget about hitting the jackpot at the surrounding casinos…that day I hit the jackpot by finding my beloved jeans. I still talk about that moment fondly, it was a heart warming moment! I know it sounds silly to fawn over blue jeans this way, but I can’t help myself. When you slide into the perfect pair, it’s one of the best feelings of all time. Especially, if they are fresh out of the dryer!
When will enough be enough? Are there really enough women out there buying these jeans that the design houses continue to force them upon us? I am fine with low, but not with dangerously low. I can’t even count the number of times I have been sitting behind a random female stranger (usually at a concert, sitting on the lawn) and have essentially told her that her crack was hanging out of the back of her jeans. The girls react in the same way: they instantly tug up on the back of their jeans, they act very embarrassed, and then they always thank me profusely. Don’t ever feel too embarrassed to tell somebody that. Lord knows I would want somebody to tell me. Obviously, those jeans are a pinch too much skank and not enough mom.
This epidemic has been going on for a few years now. Admittedly, I have recently lost a few pounds and thought a new pair of jeans would help to keep me motivated once I saw I was wearing a size smaller and looked better in that size. Yes…I am vain (at times). My problem isn’t necessarily with the cut, my problem is that the cut continues to get lower, and lower every season. You ladies know what I am saying. It’s getting to the point where you have to constantly be thinking about what may fall out if you don’t sit down in the correct manner. There has to be a happy medium somewhere in “jeans land.” Maybe I have missed my calling in life--I should be a denim designer! I could become famous for my style of jeans that’s a cross between “mom jeans” and “skank jeans”.
If you are lucky enough to find the perfect pair of jeans, you better stock up while you can! As soon as I find the perfect pair, they are discontinued immediately. Once, I was lucky enough to find my favorite jeans that had been discontinued at an outlet mall in Tunica, MS. Forget about hitting the jackpot at the surrounding casinos…that day I hit the jackpot by finding my beloved jeans. I still talk about that moment fondly, it was a heart warming moment! I know it sounds silly to fawn over blue jeans this way, but I can’t help myself. When you slide into the perfect pair, it’s one of the best feelings of all time. Especially, if they are fresh out of the dryer!
When will enough be enough? Are there really enough women out there buying these jeans that the design houses continue to force them upon us? I am fine with low, but not with dangerously low. I can’t even count the number of times I have been sitting behind a random female stranger (usually at a concert, sitting on the lawn) and have essentially told her that her crack was hanging out of the back of her jeans. The girls react in the same way: they instantly tug up on the back of their jeans, they act very embarrassed, and then they always thank me profusely. Don’t ever feel too embarrassed to tell somebody that. Lord knows I would want somebody to tell me. Obviously, those jeans are a pinch too much skank and not enough mom.
Comments
Post a Comment