Complainy Was The 8th Dwarf
I’m the type of person that really doesn’t require much from another. I’m pretty easy-going or loosey-goosey, if you will. However, there is one thing that really annoys me and will certainly end any type of relationship with me…excessive complaining!!!
For some reason, everybody does it these days. If you don’t do it, you have somebody close to you that does it non-stop. I try to end most of those relationships when I realize that person is a seasoned complainer. Apparently, I am not the only person that thinks breaking the relationship is a good idea. Corporations have started dropping customers that are considered too “high-maintenance.” There may be a lot of back and forth about customer service and providing services, but honestly some people can never be satisfied no matter how you try to appease them. Perhaps it is better to sever ties while you can.
Usually, the mega complainers can never be satisfied. They always walk around with a frown on their face, and I often wonder what would happen if they decided to smile for a change? There are a number of support groups these people can join to learn ways of complaining less. I’m related to someone that complains non-stop: My back hurts, my job sucks, I’m always tired, my steak is overcooked. You catch the drift. If I were married to that person, I would go insane. It’s one thing to have a legitimate complaint, but doing it frivolously is extremely annoying. How can anyone have a happy life if they are always complaining about it?
My friend recently joined a group on Facebook called, “A Complaint Free World.” This made me smile! Could you imagine a world where nobody ever complained? It almost sounds too good to be true. I love the concept of the group anyways. To think there are other individuals in the world that are sick of listening to people incessantly complain. It’s gotten really bad on television, too. Considering the majority of programming on television is reality based, this makes perfect sense. A world full of complainers is our reality. At least I can count on Judge Judy to strike down these negative nancies. She may be our only hope for all of humanity.
I don’t have a problem with life or how other people live theirs, I just don’t want to be brought down by their complaining and negativity. Life is hard enough without constantly hearing about how bad another’s life is 24 hours a day. I choose to remain positive and hope for the best at all times. This may make me some kind of new-age-hippie-freak, but I guess I have been called worse. Besides, you can call me whatever you like, just don’t call me to complain.
For some reason, everybody does it these days. If you don’t do it, you have somebody close to you that does it non-stop. I try to end most of those relationships when I realize that person is a seasoned complainer. Apparently, I am not the only person that thinks breaking the relationship is a good idea. Corporations have started dropping customers that are considered too “high-maintenance.” There may be a lot of back and forth about customer service and providing services, but honestly some people can never be satisfied no matter how you try to appease them. Perhaps it is better to sever ties while you can.
Usually, the mega complainers can never be satisfied. They always walk around with a frown on their face, and I often wonder what would happen if they decided to smile for a change? There are a number of support groups these people can join to learn ways of complaining less. I’m related to someone that complains non-stop: My back hurts, my job sucks, I’m always tired, my steak is overcooked. You catch the drift. If I were married to that person, I would go insane. It’s one thing to have a legitimate complaint, but doing it frivolously is extremely annoying. How can anyone have a happy life if they are always complaining about it?
My friend recently joined a group on Facebook called, “A Complaint Free World.” This made me smile! Could you imagine a world where nobody ever complained? It almost sounds too good to be true. I love the concept of the group anyways. To think there are other individuals in the world that are sick of listening to people incessantly complain. It’s gotten really bad on television, too. Considering the majority of programming on television is reality based, this makes perfect sense. A world full of complainers is our reality. At least I can count on Judge Judy to strike down these negative nancies. She may be our only hope for all of humanity.
I don’t have a problem with life or how other people live theirs, I just don’t want to be brought down by their complaining and negativity. Life is hard enough without constantly hearing about how bad another’s life is 24 hours a day. I choose to remain positive and hope for the best at all times. This may make me some kind of new-age-hippie-freak, but I guess I have been called worse. Besides, you can call me whatever you like, just don’t call me to complain.
Comments
Post a Comment