Day One

First day of classes and I SURVIVED! I actually had a pretty successful day. I love meeting new people and getting to know the "lay of the land." I think I lucked out by getting some very nice but equally interesting instructors, this semester. I am slowly learning that being a student at my age has it's advantages. The biggest advantage is that I really don't care what others think of me...I am who I am. I have my own opinions and I'm not shy or afraid to voice them. I have learned that the worst thing that could possibly happen, is that someone will disagree with me. When I was younger, I always seemed to care about others impressions of me. Now, not at all. I am hoping this attribute will come in handy during my blogging assignment for English class. The biggest disadvantage this far is that I am very tired. It's really hard to maintain a normal adult life with a heavy course load. I have a house to keep, errands to run, family to look after and an exceedingly long "To Do List" that is growing by the hour. I love a good challenge...and that's how I'm approaching this semester, as a challenge.

Comments

  1. If you have to let anything slide, let the housework go a bit. I'm not saying let the clutter breed, but sometimes the fifteen minutes it takes to vacuum can make a difference between retaining your sanity and watching it shatter beneath the load.

    If there's anything I can do to help with the load, let me know. I may have some advice--you'd not believe the pressure involved in getting an MA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the help!

    P.S. I'm digging this assignment. I never knew blogging could be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've kept a blog for a little over a year, now. It actually is fun, and lets you blow off steam about what's going on in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment