Tiger Trouble

If I have learned anything this past week, it's the definition of "transgressions." And it's all in part to Tiger Woods' dirty laundry. Apparently, the famous golfer has been outed by a national gossip magazine and has been forced into admitting these transgressions. We can all assume his transgression is code for having an affair. Although he never admits this, his official statement alludes to it.

On his official website he posted, "I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feeling should be shared by us alone." I couldn't agree more. Even though he doesn't technically come out and announce infidelity, it sounds like a personal matter between him and his wife. Tiger Woods is a golfer, not the poster child for morality. I have my own problems and could care less about who Tiger Woods chooses to have sex with. People are dying from starvation and disease; yet somehow this is all the media chooses to focus on? Why does out society care? Is it because we are nosy by nature, or is because it makes us feel better to see someone successful fail?

One thing is certain, if he didn't want to get caught he could have been a lot smarter with his indiscretion. US Weekly is alleging he had an affair with Jaimee Grubbs, a 24-year-old cocktail waitress. The magazine claims they have a voice mail recording where Tiger Woods says, "Hey, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you. So if you can, please take your name off that...what do you call it? Just have it as a number on the voice mail. Just have it as your telephone number. That's it, okay? You got to do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye." Could you imagine if we all had some form of US Weekly in our lives to keep us on the straight and narrow? I wish I could say I feel sorry for him, but we are all held accountable for our actions at one point or another. It is definitely unfair that his dirty laundry is exposed for the whole world to see.

As for Tiger Woods being a role model and letting people down, I suppose that's true. However, people need to remember that nobody is perfect and that being imperfect and making amends can be a good thing. I'm sure he has learned a very valuable lesson from this, and if his wife doesn't divorce him they may end up a stronger couple than ever before. Or they could crash and burn, and she could take half of everything. Who knows...All I know is that I couldn't care less either way.

Comments